Intel Inspector (successor of Intel Thread Checker) is a memory and thread checking and debugging tool to increase the reliability, security, and accuracy of C/C++ and Fortran applications.
Unlike other memory and threading analysis tools, Intel Inspector never requires any special recompiles for analysis. Just use your normal debug or production build.
Intel Inspector can find both memory and threading errors on MPI applications. Performing an initial analysis on a single shared memory system will identify many errors. And additional analysis can also be run on a cluster. Results are sorted by rank.
Intel Inspector can also be used to analyze software for Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor product, even though the analysis does not run natively on an Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor. Inspecting your app with Intel Inspector while running it on a multicore processor will detect memory and threading errors that will occur when running on Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors. Features:
- Detects Both Memory and Threading Errors
- Check and Debug C, C++ and Fortran Applications
- Different levels of analysis
- Debugger Breakpoints Simplify Diagnosis
- Incrementally Diagnose Memory Growth
- Analyze Heap Growth Incremental Leak Report
- Pause/Resume Speeds Up Analysis
- Suppress False Errors, Share with the Team
- Team Collaboration
- Filters Manage the Error List
|versions||Intel® Inspector 2017 Update 2(2017.1.2.497970), 2016, 2015|
|help||user guide, training|