The Centre provides access to its high performance resources (including Avitohol) for research related to COVID-19.
High performance computing and data Centre is located and managed by the Departament: Scalable Computing and Application with HPC Centre at the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IICT-BAS). According to the updated National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures (RI) in July 2014, IICT-BAS is the scientific coordinator of the following two RI: (1) National Centre for High Performance and Distributed Computing and (2) National Interdisciplinary Research e-Infrastructure for Resources and technologies for the Bulgarian linguistic and cultural heritage, integrated within the European infrastructures – CLARIN and DARIAH. In 2015, High performance computing and data Centre put into operation a multifunctional high-performance computing complex “AVITOHOL”, which is ranked 388th in the TOP500 ranking (November 2015).
- The new ranking of the most powerful supercomputers
- ONLINE CONSULTATIONS with prof. E. Atanassov (every Thursday from 2 pm)
- Our colleague Prof. Emanouil Atanassov was awarded with the annual scientific award in Bulgaria in the category “Supercomputing applications and Big Data analysis”
- Open e-IRG workshop webinars: 25-26 May 2020
- EOSC-hub Week 2020, Virtual Conference, 18-20 May 2020