The Centre provides access to its high performance resources (including Avitohol) for research related to COVID-19.
High performance computing Centre is located and managed by the Department: Scalable Computing and Application with HPC Centre at the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IICT-BAS). According to the updated National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures (RI) in July 2014, IICT-BAS is the scientific coordinator of the following two RI: (1) National Centre for High Performance and Distributed Computing and (2) National Interdisciplinary Research e-Infrastructure for Resources and technologies for the Bulgarian linguistic and cultural heritage, integrated within the European infrastructures – CLARIN and DARIAH. In 2015, High performance computing and data Centre put into operation a multifunctional high-performance computing complex “AVITOHOL”, which is ranked 388th in the TOP500 ranking (November 2015).
- Consultations for HPC application developers in Bulgaria, May 2023
- IICT-BAS was visited by the Director of RIKEN Europe
- International Tripartite Conference on European Open Science Cloud, Sofia, March 28, 2023
- Training seminar “Introduction to HPC for beginners”, 24 March 2023, IICT
- WEBINAR – Superpower for the Power Grid